Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Random Thoughts

So this past week was rough. One of the worst weeks i've had in a while. I gave tidbits of info in my previous post and lets just say to sum it all up I threw up almost constantly from about 3:30-8:30 on Friday evening. By the end of the night, I felt like I had been mugged and beaten with a baseball bat (or at least what I imagine that would feel like). All in all...glad the week is over.

My mom has been such a help and encouragement throughout this pregnancy. She has been with me almost constantly during the days, helping out with Addisyn or being my chauffeur (especially recently since I can't drive with my low blood pressure). She is there to listen when i'm discouraged and she always has an encouraging word. Friday she sent me this text that meant so much to me: "Hang in there. Survive another day. Check this day off and tomorrow you'll conquer tomorrow." She is so good about keeping things in perspective. Love you, Mom.

Let me also say that my husband, Eric, has been absolutely AMAZING throughout this first trimester. He is my rock..I can't imagine doing this with anyone else. He comes home from work, figures out dinner for me and Addisyn, puts her to bed, cleans up the house, does the laundry, tucks me into bed, brings me a glass of water, or my meds, or a hot pack for my neck or anything else I may need, then he takes care of the dogs and falls into bed around 10 pm. And he doesn't complain. Ever. As you can imagine...this doesn't exactly make for a blissful, honeymoon stage for us though. It's a lot of work for him. The other night I told him, "Eric when i'm feeling better (whenever that may be) we are going on a DATE!!! A real date! We're gonna celebrate my birthday (I turned 25 in April, but we did nothing because I puked all day), We're gonna celebrate our anniversary (We have to attend a family reunion on our anniversary in June), We're gonna celebrate that WE MADE IT THROUGH THIS! Save your money, honey!" .... I was thinking a day trip to Raleigh, complete with some shopping and maybe a gift for him at the Apple store;) He started looking at resorts in Cabo!! Apparently he thinks we deserve more than just a "date" once the first half of this pregnancy is over!! LOL! (P.S. We probably aren't doing anything that extravagant...however, we have talked about a family trip where we would be able to spend some quality time with Addisyn since she won't be our only child for too much longer. Sniffle Sniffle Tear).

On that note, one thing i've been praying this week is that after all this suffering, that we would know a joy we cannot even imagine when our 2nd child is born. That our little family would feel a completeness that we didn't know existed. That I would not be able to fathom our life without our TWO children. That it would just be right in a way that is exceedingly, abundantly above all I could ask or think. And I know it will be...

No comments:

Post a Comment