Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, June 27, 2011

It's a ..... and the name is ..... !!!

Hola blog world!

I'm so behind on this exciting news, but we've been out of town. Sorry!!

Wednesday we had our ultrasound and after a long process with our apparently stubborn baby, we were able to discover that it's a GIRL!!! For the entire ultrasound, she had her legs crossed and was sitting indian style which did not give us a good view at all of her private parts! We finished the ultrasound and were so thankful to see that everything else looked perfect and healthy... but baby still was being very stubborn and would not uncross its legs!! Finally they did a vaginal ultrasound (because I was so insistent) and we were able to see that she was girl! We're very excited and I must say I am relieved that I will not have to rid my house and life of the abundance of pink that we have accumulated with Addisyn:)

When we were pregnant with Addisyn, we pretty much decided on a name as soon as we knew her gender. For me, once I know if it's a boy or girl that's when I really can picture this baby in our lives and I want to go ahead and give it a name and an identity! At the time of the ultrasound, we were not sure of a name. We had a few boys names that we kinda liked and a couple girls names that I liked (but Eric hated) and that was about it. I knew though that once I saw my baby on that screen.... the name would just come.

Is the suspense killing you yet?!?!?!

Here goes....

Her name is Makenzi Hope! (Maybe Makenzie!?! Still deciding on my favorite spelling)

I'll give you the story behind the name in another post. Right now I gotta make dinner:)

No comments:

Post a Comment